I know, I know. I am a day late and a dollar short for having these up for National S'mores Day. Well, with two kids 3 and under, this is the best I can do.
Now that that is out of the way....these are absolutely sinful!!!! I think this is the only way I ever want to eat something labeled "s'mores" ever again. Five ingredients, couldn't be more simple, and they taste sooooooo good. I am going to cut right to the chase. Here is the recipe, and if I ever go camping, people can expect to see these with me instead of the graham crackers, marshmallows on a stick, and Hershey's chocolate bars.
Makes approx. 36 truffles
- 2 sleeves graham crackers (18 sheets)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (or the lower fat neufchatel cheese)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows, divided, plus approximately 36 for the tops
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 10 -12 oz semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips (depending on how thick of a chocolate shell you do)
- In a food processor place the graham crackers and 1 cup of the mini marshmallows. Pulse until the graham crackers are finely ground, the marshmallows will still be in big pieces or whole, but don't worry.
- In a large microwave safe bowl place the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows, butter, and cream cheese. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until everything is melted and incorprated.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the food processor. Process until everything is combined and forms a dough/paste.
- Using a 2 tsp. cookie dough scooper, scoop out the truffle centers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, don't worry about making them round or anything.
- Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or until firm enough to handle.
- Remove from fridge and roll each mound into a smooth ball.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring after each one, until they are melted.
- Using a fork, carefully roll each truffle center in the chocolate, using the fork to coat, and then shaking off the extra chocolate carefully. Place back on tray. Repeat for remaining centers.
- Top each one with a mini marshmallow and place back in fridge until set.
- Once set, enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.