Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nutella Dipped Frozen Banana Bites

Pin It Now!
Unfortunately, I still have even MORE bananas that need to be used. So more thinking ensued...what else is like chocolate and cookie butter?  NUTELLA! Everything is better with nutella. So I also made nutella dipped frozen banana bites with an oreo cookie crumble on top, because really, oreo's rock too! Since I have destroyed my teeth eating the whole chocolate dipped bananas I had, I have cut these into small pieces and put them on the sticks that I would have put the banana half on. Now they are much easier to eat and friendly on the teeth.

This is less a recipe, more a guideline, so I apologize, but it is kind of use what you need, and that's the right amount.  If you don't have a Trader Joe's where you live, then I am truly, truly, sorry.

IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PIN IT :)

NUTELLA DIPPED FROZEN BANANA BITES

Ingredients:
  • ripe but not mushy bananas
  • nutella spread
  • Popsicle or lollypop sticks
  • a few oreos, crumbled
Directions:
  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Peel the desired amount of bananas and cut them into about 3/4" slices, discarding the very ends.
  3. Place banana slices onto popsicle or lollypop sticks by skewering them width wise. For the lollypop sticks I used, I fit 3 slices on each (See picture, left).
  4. Place them on the parchment lined tray and freeze for an hour at least.
  5. When ready, scoop out the nutella into a shallow bowl. If needed, microwave for 10 seconds, or until it is slightly runny.
  6. Using a knife, spread the nutella on all sides of the bananas and place back on tray. If the spread will not stay on, the bananas need to go back in the freezer for a while.
  7. Before it hardens, sprinkle the bananas with crushed oreo crumbs to coat.
  8. Place back in freezer until hardened, and then store in freezer until ready to eat. Once they are frozen solid, they can be wrapped in parchment or wax paper and put in a ziploc bag to keep them fresher




11 comments:

  1. These look amazing. Love the combination of flavors and anything with Oreos is going to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are awesome! Thanks for posting on the tt&j link party:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would go crazy for these. Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look amazing and I have a little girl who would go crazy for them!

    I found you through Too Cute Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this recipe. These bananas look amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh yum!! Those look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at my Throwback Thursday party, I can't wait to see what you share this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative! Frozen bananas alone are really great, but you've made them fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...